Friday, August 29, 2014

KALE SALAD

I have a confession to make... Yes, I LOVE kale & yes I make 1 huge salad & have the same salad for lunch for half the week... I mix it with Tuna, chicken coated in sesame seeds or quinoa or when I'm feeling fancy I have prawns... Its my all time FAV & I never get bored of it..Plus peach will pick at it & she always eats the chicken & tuna without a doubt... 
I hope you Enjoy it as much as I do;


Kale  salad 

Ingredients 
1 bunch Kale 
1/2 Red cabbage 
1/4 White cabbage 
1 1/2 Red onion 
1 Red capsicum 
1/2 Yellow capsicum 
1 cup of Cous Cous 
3 Tomatoes
Bunch Fresh basil
Bunch Fresh parsley

Dressing:
1 tbs basil pesto
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 tbs balsamic vinegar

Method: cut all ingredients nice & fine.. Place into large salad bowl (glass salad bowl is always fun with the beautiful colors & flavors)... Pre cook the Cous Cous maybe a day before & keep it refrigerated...mix up ingredients for the dressing... Prepare your topping; chicken / tuna / prawns & place in top of salad & drizzle with dressing & prepare to eat....









No comments: