Friday, September 24, 2010

Amanda Brooks








Classic, Bohemian, Minimalist, Street, High-Fashion, Eclectic…
What’s your style?
Finding your personal style is about discovering yourself- about embracing your creativity and the freedom to choose elements throughout the fashion universe. In I Love Your Style, Amanda Brooks uses hundreds of candid images to introduce readers to a dazzling array of style options- from the classic to the eclectic, from the icons of yesterday to the innovators of today and tomorrow.

The former creative director of Tuleh, Vogue writer, and consultant to top designers recently published her first book: "I Love Your Style," a conversational style guide that mixes personal history with lessons from style icons. Brooks' writing is down to earth, yet she can't help but come off as the cool, in-the-know sister. She uses examples from styles worn by her famous friends and other fashion icons. She admires, using photos of herself and others at A-list parties looking great and daring to be different.

This book helps provide confidence for woman to experiment, define, refine, embrace & even re-invent their own personal style. Personal style goes beyond fashion. It is how you feel in your skin when you wear clothes a certain way. Clothing can determine your mood or confidence for the day, it can make you uncomfortable when you do not feel you have found your own style, or even more frustrating if you know what your style is but struggle to compose it in your everyday dress. I combine my love of fashion with my love of creating - & in the morning rather then ask myself 'what do I want to wear today?' I ask myself 'Who do I want to be today?'. Personal style is a huge part of who you are, it is accepting who you are. Love yourself, embrace your feminity and most importantly smile .
EH x
I wanted to encourage women to find their own sense of personal style. While we are all inspired by magazines, designers, celebrities and stylists, it’s important to have the tools you need to become the person you want to show to the world each day.

No comments: